Participate in Research
with the Advertising Research Participation System
Learn about our...
ABOUT THE ADVERTISING RESEARCH PARTICIPATION SYSTEM
The Advertising Research Participation System (ARPS) is a resource for the Department of Advertising and other collaborating faculty and students to conduct their research. The Sona System provides great research experience for students and important data for researchers. Sona is a cloud-based research solution that we use to manage research participation in the Department of Advertising at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. The AdLab is a research space owned by the College of Media and managed by the Department of Advertising. It was renovated in 2018. All procedures respect policies set by the University of Illinois Institutional Review Board (IRB). This site contains important instructions and a variety of resources for participants, researchers, and instructors in the Department of Advertising.
ABOUT THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC UPDATES
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, universities encourage all non-essential research-related activities to be conducted online. Following regulations related to COVID-19, we also intend to minimize the presence of people in AdLab and other shared facilities. This semester, the department’s participant pool and online studies will operate as usual. The advertising research lab (Armory 222) will open with certain conditions:
- Please fill out and submit the AdLab Access Form
- Please fill out and email COVID-19 Human Subjects Research Safety Plan to Chen Chen (Crystal) @chenc4illinois.edu
- Please check participants’ Safe Illinois app or the Boarding pass for building access status
- Researchers and participants are required to wear a face-covering indoors
- Please sanitize all research devices and remove research materials before leaving the la
CONTACT OUR LAB MANAGER
If you have any questions about the Advertising Research Participation System, please contact our lab manager: Chen Chen (firstname.lastname@example.org)